Are you getting ready to buy a home? Let's take a look at a few things to get us ready for your investment. Above all, you need to prepare yourself for this major life change that will be taking place! Here's what to do before you start looking at homes...
1. Get a great real estate agent! Your home will be one of the largest investments in your life. In order to make sure the transaction goes smoothly, it is very important that you choose the right real estate agent to represent your interests. The right agent will be someone whose experience and personality makes you comfortable. You should try to find an agent that is familiar and knowledgeable about the area you plan on moving to.
2. Get pre-approved for a mortgage. Do you know how much home you can afford? There is nothing more frustrating than finding the perfect home, then discovering it is out of your price range. Speak with a lender to learn about the different financing options you may want to consider. When you find the right lender, get the paperwork started, so you will be ready to buy once you find your perfect home.
3. Avoid credit inquiries: Don't add any new cars, new credit cards or new debt. Your lender will use your debt-to-income ratio to determine the percentage of income that you spend on debt. Your debt ratio will include monthly housing payments, car payments, credit cards, loans, and any other debt that you have. If you take on more debt before buying a home it will impact the debt ratio. Debt always impacts the home purchase.
4. Sign up for Property Alerts, from my Website (RealEstateAgent.net)- Fill out the form to get the property alerts of new houses for sale in the areas that you want to look in. You can browse all the active listings from my website. The best homes move fast! Make sure you call me right away so I can schedule a time to show you the homes.
5. Get a good home inspector to check it out. Save yourself from worry by bringing in a licensed home inspector to check it out before you buy. If any problems are found in the inspection, the report can help you make an informed decision. Inspection reports will also help you negotiate a better price.
Call Sarah Terrell of the Terrell Team to find your next home!